Currently, many schools are available for children. Each school has a curriculum, approaches, ways of teaching, as well as different values.
There is a new view on the proper education for children. Active learning approach, which does not emphasize on the test course, and stimulate the curiosity of children is becoming more important because children need schools which develop various potentials
We as parents can not know what will challenge children face later. It takes a school environment and to shape a child into a true learner who will continue to learn throughout their lives. Of course, parents need a very large cost for a child’s education, you do not need to worry because you can get a loan in the finance gossip. So that they can handle any challenge later. Here are some tips on choosing the best school for the child.
To determine the quality of a good school, in general, schools must:
- Taking into account the basic psychological needs of children and pay attention to the stages of child development. For example, a child needs to feel capable. Does the school such as providing opportunities for children to display custom, or whether the schools are providing opportunities for children to participate in the competition even though he did not perform.
- Can meet the unique needs of a child or individual. Schools like this usually do distinction teaching, for example, provide a more difficult task for children who are more advanced or explain by using the drawing tools for children who have a visual learning style.
- It can help achieve long-term goals for the parents of each child. This means that schools should have the same values with the parent. For example if the parents want the child to be independent, whether the school is doing things that can make the child independent or always assist children in doing things that do not train the child’s independence. This can be seen during the visit to the school. In addition to speaking with the school principal, a time to talk with teachers, students, or perhaps other parents at the school.
- Schools that have the same educational goals with parents. Back again see the vision and mission of the school. Does the school aims to create kids with good test scores or shaping children who have learning ability (like the ability to analyze, research, problem solving) so that it can become independent learners.
Here is a list of which can be seen when a parent around to schools:
- classroom setting. Classes are good is if there is enough space for children to move, space to assemble and can happen with good interaction between teacher-student.
- Walls. Are filled with posters made by students or sold in bookstores. Consider also whether the works were taped without error, or simply from the best students, or is it all about the same. If yes, it means the school did not pay attention to the differences in the needs of each child. Because the teacher should prepare a number of different tasks according to the needs and abilities of children.
- Face the students in the class. Consider the student’s face, whether they are excited and busy doing tasks or activities. It can show whether teachers provide activities that are interesting enough for a child or not.
- The way teachers interact with their students. The teacher-child relationship supposed to be warm and genuine, is not controlling and commanding.
- The school environment. School atmosphere is fun and makes people “feel at home” to spend time. Has a fairly complete school library. The staff and teachers are friendly to all visitors and students.
By paying attention to these things a parent can determine whether the school is good and appropriate for children.